In line with agricultural and industrial businesses, bulldozers are a prerequisite for a faster and less complicated load of works. Throughout the tall establishments that are situated in the busy cities and reputable business industry, behind those are the raw blocks and soil that were toiled by bulldozers. Now, let us appreciate how this helpful machine is manufactured and undergo complete machining, fabrication, and sub-assembly in aid of computer-aided drafting program which assembles and integrate the different metals and parts together to form the final product of a bulldozer.
First off, the process of manufacturing a bulldozer undergoes 10 steps which will be discussed in a simple manner for public to understand how this machine is made from raw materials into a loud, humongous and destructive or constructive engine. The complex system and intricate assemblies starts it manufacturing process on an assembly line. An outline from engineering prints and drawings taken from a computer-aided drafting (CAD) is prepared that will serve as a blueprint for the assembly of the parts. Components will undergo heat treating, annealing, or painting beforehand in preparation of submission to the main assembly line.
1. Main core, which forms the rigid inner body, is then accountable for the next assembly. It cuts and molds the steel plate in order to complement with the structural shape. The main purpose behind this is it avoids high impact shock loads and torsional forces that will pull down the dozer down because of its massive weight. In this process the components go through welding of steels (as for the structural skeleton); fabrication in which plates are mounted in fixtures and manually or robotically welded to the stationary central casting; and cross members are also welded for support of the other component of bulldozer. The frame then is rotary sanded on all plated surfaces which in turn will be passed to booth and the main assembly line.
2. At assembly line diesel engine which is located at the front, and the transmission which is located at the rear part (the two is connected by long shaft and supported by couplings and bearings) is are assembled, thus power train is formed because of the long connected line of the two, with series of gears and differentials. This is bolted directly to the base on the main assembly line.
3. At the front of bulldozer sits the radiator and hydraulic lifting cylinders, other than that, connections are made to attach water lines from the engine. Other additional assemblies like hydraulic, lubrication, cooling, and fuel systems are also constructed and thus assembly will be ready to be fastened directly to the engine.
4. The cab, which in array with electronic controls, is mounted on steel blocks or pads located on dozer frame.
5. The undercarriage is mounted on the frame and is assembled to the drive train.
6. Cab controls are connected to the engine and hydraulic systems.
7. The front blade is attached to hydraulic cylinders, which are attached at one end to engine casting in front of the bulldozer.
8. Once the assembly of the primary components is already outfitted, more hoses, electrical lines and fluid lines are attached at fitted connections.
9. The bulldozer then is painted after completion of the assembly of the necessary parts.
10. There will be additional fluids to be put and bulldozer is now set for testing station.